Wapsipinicon Mill

Early History
The Wapsipinicon Feed Mill and Dam became operational in 1854. The 5-story structure is 122 feet long, by 62 feet wide and was used at first as a flouring mill. As wheat production slowed down, it became more economical to produce "Wapsi" brand poultry and stock feed.

Present Day
Today the Mill is the foremost cornerstone of our community. It still resides in its original location but has since received several cosmetic reconstructions. Surrounded by several eateries and just over the bridge from our historic downtown, the Wapsipinicon Mill serves as a substantial tourist attraction and is listed on the National Registry of Historical Places. The Mill is operated by the Buchanan County Historical Society and is open for tours and special events during the summer months.