Independence Parks & Rec... #choosekindness
OUR MISSION STATEMENT...
The Independence Parks and Recreation Department (IPRD) is a team of professionals committed to facilitating the growth and development of recreational opportunities, as well as managing the care and upkeep of park land in Independence. Through continued efforts, we will promote and improve our present activities and facilities to enrich the quality of life and pride in our community.
Falcon Civic Center
Monday- Thursday 6am- 8pm
Friday 6am- 7pm
Saturday 10am-- 4pm
Sunday 12pm- 4pm
Call 319-334-6711: Monday- Friday between 8am- 4pm to book room rentals at the Falcon Civic Center. 24HR Access to the Falcon Civic Center is available to patrons with yearly memberships for a 1-time $25 fee. Call us @ 319-334-6711 for details or inquire at the front desk!! We look forward to discussing all we offer with you!!
Monday & Thursday 3:30-8pm
Saturday & Sunday 12-4pm
Follow or Like the River'sEDGE Sport & Fitness Facebook Page. 24HR Access is available. The multi-purpose room is also available for rentals.
If you have questions about the facility, please leave a detailed message for the River'sEDGE Manager @ 319-332-1525 and he will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.
For the most UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION regarding the Independence Parks & Recreation Department (IPRD), the facilities, buildings, programs, leagues, special events, clinics & classes we offer, please contact the IPRD office directly @ 319-334-6711 or LIKE US on Facebook. PLEASE NOTE: Information is constantly changing from many of our original publications and social media outlets. The information on Google may NOT be the most up-to-date information. If you are going to use Google as your search engine, please make sure you actually click on our links to obtain the most up-to-date information including hours of operation and current fees. Google does not always update as efficiently as we need them to in order to keep up with all our changes. The Independence Parks & Recreation Department (IPRD) reserves the right to add, remove, modify, postpone, or cancel programs, leagues, classes, special events, and facilities operations we offer due to but not limited to weather conditions, equipment malfunction, lack of enrollment, and/or other foreseen and unforeseen circumstances. Thank you for your understanding.
Financial Assistance Opportunities...
It is our GOAL to ensure that EVERY child who wants to participate in the recreation programs we offer, has every OPPORTUNITY to do so. If you express a financial need and qualify under the State of Iowa Income Guidelines, you may be eligible for assistance. Please complete and submit the Financial Assistance Form (available at the Falcon Civic Center) (must be completed annually) along with a copy of your previous year's income tax return to the IPRD Director for approval. Approval takes place Monday- Friday from 8am-3:30pm and will take at least 1 business day to process. Please plan accordingly. Thank you.
NICE TO KNOW IPRD INFORMATION...
- IPRD Kindergarten- 6th Grade Flag Football Leagues- Games for Kindergarten-1st graders will be played on Monday evenings and Games for 2nd-3rd & 4th-6th graders will be played on Thursday evenings at the Independence Baseball/Softball Complex. The Volunteer Coaches for these leagues will run their own practices (times determined by volunteer coaches) through the season and coach the games each week. All players have been divided, put on teams and assigned coaches. Kindergarten-1st Grade Games will begin on Monday, September 25th and continue for 6 weeks at the Baseball/ Softball Complex. The 2nd-3rd Grade & 4th-6th Grade Games will begin on Thursday, September 21st and continue for 6 weeks at the Baseball/ Softball Complex. Please Note: All days, times, and location are subject to change at the discretion of the IPRD if and when deemed necessary. Team shirts will be handed out to the coaches on the night of their first game at the Complex. Thank you all for playing and have a fun season!!
- Fall Craft & Vendor Show- The Fall Craft & Vendor Show will be held at the Falcon Civic Center (located @ 1305 5th Avenue NE, Independence, IA 50644) on Saturday, October 21st from 9am- 3pm at the Falcon Civic Center. Everyone is welcome and Admission is Free!! We will have a variety of homemade crafters as well as many other vendors. As of September 20th, we still have limited booth space available. No one is put in the show until I receive the completed Fall Craft Show Agreement back with payment. Receipts will be mailed back as proof of payment. Booth space includes an 8ftx8ft space with one 8ft table and 2 folding chairs and the cost is $35 per booth. Contact Person: Angie @ 319-334-6711.
- Independence Bark Park- As of September 18th- Indee Bark Park Memberships will only be $15 and will cover now- the end of 2023 with proof of vaccinations. We also sell day passes to the dog park for $3 per dog per day. GREAT ADDITION... The dog agility and playground equipment has been installed at the Indee Bark Park. Dogs and their humans are enjoying it!! Information about an upcoming Dog Agility Course Training at the Indee Bark Park... Look Above...
- Falcon Civic Center Membership & Daily Admission Pricing- One Year- Family $215, Adult $155, Student & Senior (60yrs +) $130 (24Hr Access Available to yearly members for a 1-time fee of $25- call 319-334-6711 for details)// 6-Month- Family $150, Adult $115, Student & Senior $90// 3-Month- $90, Adult $75, Student & Senior $60// Daily- Adult $4, Student (12&up) $3 or (Under 12) $2, Senior $3/ Walking in the Gym $ .50 per day// We accept cash and check (amount only). We accept credit/debit cards (w/ minimal processing fee charged) on the SQUARE.
- River'sEDGE Membership Pricing- RE Team Yearly Membership Fees: $150 Single, $175 Duo, $200 Family// RE Non-Team Yearly Membership Fees: $155 Single, $180 Duo, $210 Family// Daily Pricing varies depending on the cages used// 24HR Access Available to yearly members for a 1-time fee of $25- call 319-332-1525 for details.
- CROSS-TRAINING w/ JANET BULS... Classes will be offered M-W-F from 5:45-6:30am at the Falcon Civic Center Gym. Cost is $30 per month or $4 per time. Focus includes cardio & intervals of strength training. All levels of fitness are welcome. Instructor, Janet Buls. Instructor works with the class and moves at each individual's pace, so everyone is successful. Reminder: Please check with your physician before beginning this or any exercise program. Register and pay at the Falcon Civic Center.
ROOM RENTAL RATES @ RIVER'SEDGE- $50 minimum daily rental fee for 1 hour, $30 per hour if over 1 hour & $200 maximum daily rental fee. Additional $50 if you would like to set-up the day before actual rental day. Rental Times include all set-up (including caterers and other service staff), tear-down, and clean-up which is required to be done by the renter. Please call 319-332-1525, the River'sEDGE Manager will return your call.
PICKLEBALL- A pickleball court has been painted and a net has been added at Teachers Park which is located in the Riverwalk Parks along the Wapsi River. Pickleball equipment may be rented from the Independence Public Library. Interested? Stop down and give it a try :)