Parks & Recreation... Where all the FUN begins!!
The Independence Parks and Recreation Department is a team of professionals committed to facilitating the growth and development of recreational opportunities, as well as managing the care and upkeep of park land in the Independence area. Through continued efforts, we will promote and improve our present activities and facilities to enrich the quality of life and pride in our community.
For UP-TO-DATE information regarding the Independence Parks & Recreation Department, our facilities, and programs/ classes we offer, please contact our office at 319-334-6711 or LIKE us on Facebook. The Independence Parks & Recreation Department reserves the right to add, modify, postpone, or cancel programs, leagues, classes, special events we offer due to weather conditions, equipment malfunction, lack of enrollment, and/or other circumstances.
Independence STINGRAYS Swim Team Families & All Interested Individuals... 2019 Swim Team Meeting is Friday, May 10th from 6-7:30pm in the Large Meeting Room at the Falcon Civic Center. A representative from Scheel's will be at the Falcon Civic Center on Friday, May 10th at 6pm to help with suit orders. Melissa Frye at firstname.lastname@example.org will be the head coach, Will Whited will be the assistant coach and Cheryl Sill will be the team manager for swim team this season. This will be an open house style meeting, so you and your family may stop in anytime between 6-7:30pm. The cost is $60 payable to IPRD and $39.52 to the Independence Swim Team. At this meeting, we will handle registrations online, order suits (if you would like to), pick up the schedule and parent guide, and answer any questions. If you are interested in helping with Swim Team, please contact Melissa at email@example.com or Cheryl Sill at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Falcon Civic Center HOURS
May 1st- May 31st
Closed on May 27th- Memorial Day
Monday- Thursday 5:00am- 9:00pm
Friday 5:00am- 8:00pm
Saturday 10:00am- 4:00pm
Monday- Friday 3:45pm- 9:00pm
Saturday 10:00am- 5:00pm
Sunday 10:00am- 5:00pm
Please call 319-332-1525 for information on memberships, classes and clinics offered, rental availability, and/or to reserve cages including HitTRAX.
Aquatic Center Hours
Monday- Friday 12-8pm
Opens for the season on May 25th from 12- 6pm. We will have modified hours May 27th- May 31st due to school still being in session. Call 319-334-7464 as of 5/25 w/ questions.
Financial Assistance Opportunities...
It is our GOAL to ensure that EVERY child who would like to participate in the Parks & Rec programs we offer has every OPPORTUNITY to do so. If you express a financial need and qualify under the State of Iowa Income Guidelines, you may be eligible for assistance. Please complete and submit the Financial Assistance Form (available at the Falcon Civic Center) along with a copy of your previous year's income tax return to the IPRD Director for approval. Approval takes place Monday- Friday from 8am-3:30pm and will take at least 1 business day to process. Please plan accordingly. Thank you.
2019 Advertising Opportunities...
- $300- Complex Advertisement (Wrap on a 4'x8' sign)
- $100- Complex Advertisement (RENEWAL)
- $150- Advertisement Banner at River'sEDGE (2'x3')
- $75- Advertisement Banner at River'sEDGE (RENEWAL)
- $75- Logo on River'sEDGE Walking Track
- $50- Logo on River'sEDGE Walking Track (RENEWAL)
- $50- IPRD Activities Brochure Advertisement (1/4" page) (850-1000 copies)
Form is available here or at the Falcon Civic Center. At this time, we are no longer accepting sponsors for our 2019 Summer Ball Leagues.
Independence Parks & Rec ~ Want to Know ~
- We are NO longer accepting registrations for the 2019 IPRD Summer Ball League Season. All of the teams have been divided, sponsors assigned, coaches added, equipment distributed, shirts/ hats/ visors ordered and practices have begun. Thank you to all who have registered!! This year, we have 517 participants, 47 teams w/ local business sponsors, 122 volunteer coaches and countless family members and friends who help get the children back and forth from practices and games. We could not offer what we do without wonderful people like all of you. Good Luck on a great season!! HAVE FUN!!!
- SWIMMING REGISTRATION BEGAN on MONDAY, APRIL 1st, 2019 @ the Falcon Civic Center. We are currently accepting registrations for Group Swim Lessons- Space is Limited, so register today!! Infant & Toddler Lessons are FULL, we have started a waiting list. The list of lifeguards willing to teach Private Swim Lessons this season will be available at the Independence Aquatic Center as of May 25th.
- Swim Team Information Meeting will be on Friday, May 10th from 6-7:30pm at the Falcon Civic Center. If your child is interested in Independence Stingrays Swim Team, please make every effort to attend this meeting. The cost for Swim Team is $60 payable to IPRD and $39.52 payable to Independence Swim Team. Information packets including schedules will be available at this meeting.
- EARLY BUY PRICING for your Season Pass to the amazing Independence Aquatic Center is being offered NOW thru May 24th at the Falcon Civic Center. Early Buy Pricing is: With-In City Limits is Family $95 & Single $65/ Out of City Limits is Family $105 & Single $75. REMINDER: Add one babysitter for an additional $10. All season pass pricing will INCREASE by $10 as of May 25th at the Independence Aquatic Center.
- Memberships to the Falcon Civic Center and River'sEDGE are available for purchase. Cost information is available by clicking on the column at the left of this page or feel free to call the Falcon Civic Center @ 319-334-6711 or River'sEDGE at 319-332-1525.
- The current session of ROCFIT began on Monday, 4/29 @ 4:30am at River'sEDGE. NOW PRICE for remaining 5 weeks is of $100 for ALL interested!! Classes will meet Monday- Thursday at 4:30am for the remaining 5 weeks at River'sEDGE. The cost is $100 for the remaining 5-weeks. Price will continue to decrease by $25 each week if you are unable to commit to the full 6-weeks. Payment options are available... we do prorate, please contact the Instructor, Tiffany, @ 319-404-5453 or visit their website at www.roctrainingcenter.com
- Pilates OFFERED at the FALCON CIVIC CENTER during the month of June. Pilates will run June 4th- 27th on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 6:30-7:15pm in the large meeting room at the Falcon Civic Center/ Pilates is a no-impact exercise program performed on a mat and designed to use your body as resistance through movement to improve your strength and flexibility./ This class will focus on beginners but all levels are welcome./ Cost is $24 for all 8 classes or $4 drop-in/ Janet Buls will be the instructor for this class.
- AM Aerobics & Wednesday Wake-Up Workout: 5:45am- 6:30am at the Falcon Civic Center Gym/ Instructor: Janet Buls/ Cost: Wednesday Only is a $4 drop-in or M-W-F is $24 per month/ Mondays & Fridays will focus on flexibility & cardio. Wednesdays Wake-Up Workout will focus on strength & cardio/ Register at the Falcon Civic Center. NO CLASSES- May 17th, 24th & 27th
- Main's Peak Performance Tae Kwon Do is offered monthly at River'sEDGE. Classes currently meet on Mondays & Thursdays from 4:45-6:00pm. Our Instructor is Black Belt Tim Main. Cost is $30 per month for 1 child, $50 per month for 2 children and $70 per month for 3 children from the same family. The monthly fee is due by the 5th day of each month or a $5.00 fee will be charged per participant per time until the monthly fee has been settled. Reminder: ALL participants MUST sign in at the front desk at Rive'rsEDGE prior to each and every class attended. Thank you.
- The 2019 Indee Bark Park Tags are HERE (at the Falcon Civic Center)... $25 per dog with proof of vaccinations!! $3.00 day passes are also available.
- For up-to-date information concerning the facilities we run, the programs we offer and the classes we provide, please LIKE our FACEBOOK PAGES: https://www.facebook.com/indeeparksandrec/ https://www.facebook.com/riversedgesportfitness/ https://www.facebook.com/independenceaquaticcenter