Independence Aquatic Center
Normal Hours of Operation for 2021 Season
Monday & Tuesday
Open Swim 12- 6pm
Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
Open Swim 12-6pm & Family Swim 6:30-8pm (Family Swim is a time we encourage families to visit the pool later in the evening because parents may be unable to get their children to the pool during the day.)
Saturday & Sunday
Open Swim 12- 6pm
** During Evening Group Swim Lessons Sessions (Session 1: June 7-17 & Session 2: July 12-22/ Typically meets M-TH but we will use Fridays for make-up days as needed), the pool will close to the public from 5:55- 6:35pm, please ask for a stamp at the front desk if you paid admission and would like to return to swim after group lessons.
** Saturday, June 12th- 9am (Warm-up @ 8:10pm)/ Pool will open to the public at 2:00pm instead of 12noon today
** Monday, June 21st- 5:30pm (Warm-up @ 4:40pm)/ Pool will be open 12-3pm today instead of 12-6pm
** WE STRONGLY SUGGEST: If you are coming from out of town, please call the Aquatic Center @ 319-334-7464 to check Hours of Operation or for up to date weather related closures, please LIKE Us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/independenceaquaticcenter
$4 per person through the door
YAY!! We NOW accept credit cards, cash or check (for the exact amount only) at the Independence Aquatic Center!!!!
No Refunds, even if the Aquatic Center Closes Early!!
Attention Patrons & Visitors:
At the Independence Aquatic Center, (as of Tuesday, June 5th, 2018)... Water wings without a chest band are not allowed in the Independence Aquatic Center. Due to safety concerns, we will ask you to remove them from your child. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Puddle Jumpers are allowed at the Aquatic Center, although those using life jackets or puddle jumpers are not allowed to go down the large tower slides, the small green slide in the deep end or the diving board.
** Independence Aquatic Center Rules are subject to change at the discretion of the Independence Aquatic Center under the direction of the Independence Parks & Recreation Department and the City of Independence. **
WITHIN CITY LIMITS RATE (determined by valid driver's license)
OUT OF CITY LIMITS
Independence Aquatic Center Family Season Pass REQUIREMENTS:
1. Family Members defined as those claimed on your taxes & reside at the same address.
2. You may add 1 day-care provider/ babysitter to your family pool membership for an additional $10.00. (This needs to be an actual care-giver, not just a friend or Plus 1- Thanks!)
You are NOT allowed to add extended family members, friends, etc... who do not meet the requirements above on your family season pass. PLEASE NOTE: We will require ages of all minors to be added to the pool pass cards in order to enforce the rule that children 7 years of age or under MUST be accompanied and under the watchful eye of an adult or responsible care-giver above the age of 14. ALSO, please add a daytime number where an adult may be reached to your pool pass card in case of emergency and in order to help us ensure the safety of our young patrons.
Contact Information:Parks & Recreation Director:
Bob Beatty/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Parks & Recreation Director:
Brent Reck/ email@example.com
Program & Aquatics Coordinator:
Angie Kiler/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Pool Manager: TBD Seasonally
Aquatic Center Maintenance:
Clark Corkery/ email@example.com
Physical Address: Independence Aquatic Center
601 5th Avenue SE
Independence, Iowa 50644
Aquatic Center Closure InformationMay be obtained by calling the Aquatic Center @ 319-334-7464 or Parks & Recreation Department @ 319-334-6711. Information will also be posted here and on the Independence Parks & Recreation Department & Independence Aquatic Center Facebook Pages.
Aquatic Center Closure Policies- The Aquatic Center MAY close early for any one or more of the following reasons:
1. Air Temperature falls below 70 degrees and/ or less than 20 swimmers in the water for 2 hours.
2. Threatening weather in the area.
3. Scheduled special events, for example home swim meets or special programming events (Our plan is to host 1 Theme Night each month at eh Aquatic Center throughout the 2020 Season. Details will be posted on social media as they are determined)
General Independence Aquatic Center RULES:
1. At this point, we do NOT accept credit or debit cards and only accept cash or checks for the exact amount ONLY!! (We are working towards accepting credit and debit cards soon.)
2. Please call ahead if you are traveling to the Aquatic Center from out of town, unfortunately there are times that the pool may be closed due to weather, lack of swimmers for a pre-determined amount of time, a home swim meet, scheduled swim lessons, or an incident in the pool. It is always our goal that you get to swim when you make the trip to the Aquatic Center.
3. In order to go down the small green drop slide in the deep end or jump off the diving board during open swim at the Aquatic Center, you must be able to demonstrate the ability to swim 25 meters without stopping while using the proper American Crawl stroke technique. If you would like to take the test, please stop by the First Aid Station at the pool and ask for a lifeguard.
4. NO cell phone usage allowed in the locker rooms.
5. All children 7 years of age or younger MUST be accompanied and under the watchful eye of an adult or responsible caregiver above the age of 14 years old.
6. NO carry-in food, coolers, or drink allowed in the facility except for personal non-glass water bottles- with water or coolers with medical necessities.
7. Absolutely NO GLASS containers or any other type of glass allowed in the facility.
8. Shower before entering the pool & proper swim wear must be worn while in the pool.
9. Infants and toddlers MUST wear swim pants/ diapers- NO disposable diapers are allowed in the pool.
10. Children may have palm-sized toys in the zero-depth ONLY. Inflatable toys, noodles, flippers, water guns, throwing toys, and balls are NOT PERMITTED inside the Aquatic Center Facility. We do allow parents to use floats for their infants ONLY in the pool. Water wings without a chest band are not allowed in the Independence Aquatic Center. Due to safety concerns, we will ask you to remove them from your child. Lifejackets are permitted, however they may NOT be worn on either of the 2 large slides, diving board, or small slide in the deep end. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
11. All concession items MUST be kept in the concessions area.
12. NO Running on the deck. NO horseplay, including dunking, pushing, shoving, throwing, splashing, and horseback or shoulder rides allowed.
13. NO Diving in the shallow end of the swimming pool or in other areas marked "NO DIVING"
14. Everyone entering the Aquatic Center must pay the daily rate or have a season pass.
15. Family restroom is for immediate family members only. Please ask for a manager to unlock this facility.
16. The Independence Aquatic Center is a Smoke-Free & Tobacco-Free campus. NO one will be allowed to smoke (including vapes) while on pool property.
17. NO one will be allowed to talk to lifeguard, while on duty. Questions should be directed to the lifeguard in the First Aid Station or go to the admissions desk and ask to speak to a manager.
18. Everyone must obey the established pool rules and any lifeguard's interpretation of these rules. Disobeying these rules may lead to temporary and/or permanent suspension to the Independence Aquatic Center.
19. Slide Rules are posted on the slide- NOTE: All riders MUST be at least 48 inches tall. Catching at the bottom of the slide is NOT allowed, Only 1 Rider is allowed down the slide at a time. Life-jackets may NOT be worn down the slides.