What should we do if we want to continue to receive library services?
If library services are important to you, you should talk with the people who will make the decision about whether to sign the fair share contract. Those are the city council members and mayor of your city. You may want to speak with your elected officials individually, or you may decide to organize a group of residents for this purpose. Council meetings are probably the most likely forum for this; however, each city is different in the way they handle public comments. It would be best to check ahead of time to see how and when you can make your voice heard.

Show All Answers

1. Haven’t these cities been paying for library services? How does this compare to funding from other sources?
2. Will county residents continue to receive library services?
3. Since we’ve received library services in the past, why are you requesting funding from the cities without libraries now?
4. How much is being requested for library services?
5. I live in Brandon/Rowley and am in the Independence Community School District. Why don’t my children receive library services?
6. Have you talked with the cities without libraries about the request for funding?
7. Are cities without libraries in other counties expected to pay for library services?
8. Is my city locked into a long term contract if we sign this contract?
9. What should we do if we want to continue to receive library services?
10. If my city decides not to sign the contract, can I purchase a card for library services?
11. How will library services change for me if my city decides not to sign the contract?
12. Can I just go to another library outside of Buchanan County for library services?