How do I report a nuisance?
The City of Independence has Nuisance and Abatement procedures, City Code of Ordinances in Chapter 50. Upon review of the code and you feel a nuisance is present or exists, you may contact City Hall to speak with either the City Manager, Police Department or the Building Inspector. Upon their research, review and assessment proper procedures will be implemented to address the nuisance according to City Code.

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain an address or phone number for a City or County resource?
2. What is the process to request a Public Record?
3. Do I need a license for my pet?
4. How do I acquire a liquor license?
5. How do I report a nuisance?
6. How do I obtain a copy of a Birth/Death/Marriage Certificate?
7. How do I find out information about my assessed value and property taxes?
8. How do I file a complaint about a City employee?
9. How can I volunteer to become a member of a board or commission?